Who Has Enough Time to Choose a Toastmasters Theme?
The answer is YOU!
By choosing your favorite book as the Friday theme, you can discuss the plot, a lesson, or a tip from the book.
There is a website focused on sharing the bizarre holidays through out the year. Pull a Barney and discuss the holiday of the day. http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/
Challenge and engross the audience of that Friday's meeting by using one of these themes:
• The Twist - how life throws curveballs, how everyone interprets the world differently, or a twist of lime
• Single Word - how one word can have a big influence
• For and Against - the opposing sides to every issue
• Three - 3 Main Points to justify or reinforce every opinion
• Six Honest Serving Woman - What, Why, When, How, Where and Who
A final tip is to predict the Topicsmaster's questions. What theme would create unique, interesting, and engaging questions?